Intermediate/Advanced Ultrasonography Program
Award; Certificate of Competency in Advanced Ultrasonography
Requirement/Prerequisite; Nursing Diploma
- Imaging Fundamentals
- Abdominal Anatomy/Scan Techniques
- Abdominal Aorta
- Liver Sonography & Pathology
- Gallbladder & Biliary Tree Sonography & Pathology
- Spleen, Pancreas, and Renal Sonography
- Scrotal / Testicular
- Evaluation of the Appendix & GI Tract
- Thyroid Ultrasound
- E-FAST Exam
- RUSH Exam
- Soft Tissue & MSK Applications
- Ultrasound Evaluation of the Appendix & GI Tract
- Female Pelvic and Case Studies
- First /Second/Third Trimester Ultrasound and Case Studies
- OB Doppler for IUGR and Diagnosis of Preeclampsia.
- Doppler & Color Fundamentals
- Venous Anatomy, Scan Techniques and Normal Characteristics
- Duplex/Color Evaluation of Lower Extremity DVT
- Duplex /Color Evaluation of Upper Extremity DVT
- Lower Extremity Arterial Anatomy & Duplex
- Ultrasound Guided Vascular Access
- Breast Imaging
- Ultrasound Guided Paracentesis.
- Identify normal/abnormal imaging & knowledge to better perform and/or interpret basic USG Exams.
- Perform ultrasound evaluation of the trauma patient (FAST exam).
- Demonstrate protocols for the evaluation of shock and hypotension (RUSH).
- Demonstrate the use of Ultrasound for evaluation of soft-Tissue pathology
- Learn Basics of Doppler Ultrasound
- Increase the participant’s knowledge to better perform and/or interpret upper and lower Peripheral Vascular ultrasound examinations.
- Demonstrate routine scan protocols for performing transabdominal & endovaginal OB/GYN scanning.
- Identify normal fetal anatomy and perform biophysical profile.
- Doppler for evaluation of appropriate fetal development.