Introductory Level Course
Duration; 6 months
Award; Certificate of Competency in Ultrasonography
- Imaging Fundamentals
- Abdominal Anatomy/Scan Techniques
- Abdominal Aorta
- Liver Sonography & Pathology
- Gallbladder & Biliary Tree Sonography & Pathology
- Spleen, Pancreas, and Renal Sonography
- Scrotal / Testicular
- Evaluation of the Appendix & GI Tract
- Thyroid Ultrasound
- E-FAST Exam
- Soft Tissue & MSK Applications
- Interactive Case Studies
- OB/GYN (Basic)
- Female Pelvis
- Increase participant’s knowledge to better perform and/or interpret basic ultrasound examinations.
- Learn proper scanning techniques and system optimization.
- Perform scan protocols and routine measurements that are utilized during an abdominal ultrasound evaluation.
- Identify normal/abnormal imaging characteristics of the liver, gallbladder, pancreas, spleen, kidneys and abdominal vasculature.
- Differentiate normal/abnormal characteristics for the evaluation of the thyroid, testes/scrotum, and appendix.
- Perform ultrasound evaluation of the trauma patient (FAST exam).
- Demonstrate the use of ultrasound for evaluation of soft-tissue pathology.