Professional Diploma in Creative Problem Solving and Decision Making
This highly interactive course introduces a variety of creative solution generation and decision making techniques. Participants will develop the skills necessary to analyse a problem, generate creative solutions, and decide which solution most closely matches their needs. After the completion of the course, participants will be able to implement the right diagrams to assist them with the identifying problems systematically. Participants will explore the kind of problem-solving style they have which will help them identify their weak and strong spots and how they can tackle problems efficiently. The course provides several tools, techniques and tips on not only how to identify problems but also find creative solutions, evaluate and select the best option, implement the most ideal solution and create a successful action plan.
By the end of this course participants will be able to:
- Apply logical tools to properly analyse problems for root causes.
- Establish and compare options in a variety of situations.
- Identify the best choice from various options and address groupthink.
- Achieve group consensus about important decisions.
- Apply a four-step process to systematically solve problems and decide on appropriate solutions.
- Use methods and tools (systematic process and fishbone diagramming) to discover the underlying cause of a problem.
- Use brainstorming, mind mapping, and several other creative thinking techniques to generate possible solutions to the problem.
- Use the following decision-making techniques: Pro/Con, Force Field Analysis, Decision Matrix, Feasibility/Capability Analysis, and Cost/Benefit Analysis.
- Create an action plan to implement the appropriate solution.
- What?s Your Problem Solving Style?
- Assessment: Problem Solving Self-Assessment
Module 1: Define the Problem ????? ???
- Systematic Problem Definition (Six Basic Questions)
- Systematic Problem Definition Grid
- Assessment: Problem Definition Skill Practice
- Cause and Effect/Fishbone/Ishikawa Diagrams
- Why-Why Diagrams
- Assessment: Case Study ? Problem Definition
Module 2: Find Creative Solutions
- 8 Blocks to Creative Thinking
- Assessment: Look to Nature
- Assessment: Brainstorming Skill Practice
- Mind Maps
- Assessment: SCAMMPERR
- Reverse Brainstorming
- De Bono?s Six Thinking Hats
- Assessment: Case Study ? Generate Creative Ideas
Module 3: Evaluate And Select Solution
- Pro?s and Con?s
- Force Field Analysis and Decision Matrix
- Assessment: Force Field vs. Matrix
- Cost/Benefit Analysis
- Feasibility/Capability Analysis
- Assessment: Revisiting Case Study
Module 4: Implement Solution And Create An Action Plan
- Planning and Scheduling
- Planning Steps
- The Big Planning Tip
- Assessment I: Action Plan
- Assessment II: Planning a Trip
[/vc_toggle][vc_toggle title=”What Would You Get at Completion”]1. Mastery of and competency in specific targeted job skills much required for personal impact and professional success
2. Nationally recognized and international accredited PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATE IN CREATIVE PROBLEM SOLVING AND DECISION MAKING evidencing your competitive advantage in the job market, locally and internationally
3. Greater confidence to face job-related tasks and achievement of optimized performance
4. Direct application of relevant vocation-specific skills and technical know-how transfer for significantly improved performance at workplace
5. Higher likelihood of being considered for job promotions and salary upgrades
6. Become officially certified as?EXPERT SPECIALIST, both theoretically and practically, in a specific field of specialization
-Learners should possess a high level of motivation and self-discipline
-Learners should be proficient in the English language
-Learners should possess at least 6 to 12 months of professional working experience in any field
-Learners must possess basic smartphone?or computer operating knowledge and skills
Up to 2 months
Personalised, easy to understand text-based (reading materials) interactive resources that progressively and systematically takes the learner through various areas of competencies required at the workplace, in a specialised field of study?[/vc_toggle][vc_toggle title=”Assessment of Learning”]Personalised exercises, assignments and/or quizzes are utilized throughout the course/programme to measure progress in learning. such comprehensive assessment procedure is characterized by being diagnostic, formative (intervention-oriented), and summative[/vc_toggle][vc_toggle title=”Completion Requirements”]100% completion of courses and assessment therein is required to be able to get certified in the said course and/or programme?[/vc_toggle][vc_toggle title=”Granding Scheme”]The grading system is defined as follows:
|Higher Distinction||: 90-100%|
|First Division||: 70-79%|
|Second Division||: 60-69%|
|Unsatisfactory||:?49 % and below|
Recognition & Accreditation
The European International University (EIU-Paris) is duly recognised as a Vocational Education & Professional Training (VEPT) service provider in accordance to Article R.6351-6 of the French Employment Code, under the registration number: 11755784775, with the prefecture of the region of ILE-DE-FRANCE, as well as internationally accredited by the Accreditation Service for International Schools, Colleges, and Universities (ASIC), a U.K. Government recognized international accreditation body.?
How to Check EIU Listing on French Government Official Website